Sunday, May 24, 2015

I love to create!


What do you do when you need a creative fix and your son is bored? You mix up some flour and water, gather up some newspaper, some items to cover and do a paper mache project! 

I've been wanting to repurpose this wicker dress form with French book pages for quite some time. I actually had it in my garage sale a few weeks ago and pulled it out after someone commented on how cool it was. I'm so happy that I did. 
 

I covered the body with newspaper and let it dry overnight. 



While it was drying, I brought out a variety of French books I've been collecting and started ripping out the pages. I went through my scrapbooking papers and chose some that I liked along with some other photos that I'd been saving for a unknown project. 

The next morning, I added the torn pages, a bit of lace, some dried roses, sari silk ribbon, a vintage brooch and a vintage flower bead.

 Coffee and crafts…there’s nothing better.

This is the back.
 I added a crown I made and later found a birds nest on the ground that fit inside perfectly.


I was thinking about what type of skirt to add around the bottom and a friend who was over pointed to the garland that I had hanging in my studio and said that it would be cute. I added it and Viola! 
\

It was perfect! 

I hope my son gets bored again soon. 
Patti xo





No comments:

Post a Comment