Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Crowns!

I've always had a thing for crowns. I have my collection scattered throughout my home and like to add to it whenever I see one that I can't live without. Last week, I was at Home Depot with my son and spotted a big roll of wire on one of the end caps. I've always wanted to try making my own, so I put it in the cart and set out to find something that would make it look old and crusty. I made my first crown within a few minutes of getting home, adorned it with some paper flowers and made it large enough to fit one of the mannequins in my studio. 

I am so in love with the way it turned out. 



I posted it on Facebook and within seconds, one of my friends wanted to know if I could make one for her Santos doll. She sent me a photo of her and I created this one. 
Since she was moving into a new home I decided it would make the perfect house warming gift. I hope she likes it. 


I was headed to the trash with a dried up bouquet of beautiful peach colored roses that I had left at the townhouse for a few weeks. I decided to keep the heads because the color was so beautiful. At the time I had had no idea what I was going to do with them. Well, now I do. 
I love how this one turned out.



This cute little crown went to a lovely lady named 'Queenie' today. I hope she enjoys it.


 What great little gifts these would make. I can envision this sitting on a stack of vintage books.


I adore how they are all unique in their own way.


This one is going to a very special friend who not only has purchased many things from me, but always inspires me. It didn't surprise me that she picked this one. It is as lovely as she is. 

I can hardly wait to make more. 

Patti 
xo





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Patti!!!!! Like your spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crowns are beautiful Patti. I love how whimsically romantic they are. Truly enchanting. Keep creating them. They are lovely. xxo

    ReplyDelete