Sunday, December 8, 2013

Decorating for the Holidays!


I decided to do the Arizona Bridal Show in Phoenix this January, so I have been making jewelry every second that I can.  
I did manage to get some holiday decorating done in between stringing beads and running kids around though.   
Since I needed to spend as much time as I could in my studio, I decided to go with a small tabletop tree this year.  


My little  norfolk pine feels perfect with vintage piano music and a few of my favorite bulbs


 I dressed up the mantel a bit



 planted my paper whites 



and gave my vintage mannequin a special holiday look


 I'm loving the simple look this year.  

Now that I'm finished decorating...


it's back to beading!

Patti
xo 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patti, I want to do a photo shoot inspired by your beautiful mannequin... and I'm wondering how you got the branches to stay? I am considering tying the tree branches together into a holiday-themed skirt but I'm not sure if it's even possible! Lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry. I tried holding the branches on the mannequin while wiring them on but it was almost impossible to do it by myself. So, I laid the branches on the ground maybe 6" apart and wired them exactly as they laid. Then, I picked it up, wrapped it around her like a skirt and wired the ends together. Next, I added smaller branches wiring them as I went around. I'm not really sure how you could incorporate a skirt, but just give it a try and see what happens. I'd love to see your finished project. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete