Sunday, August 4, 2013

It's Almost Time

I love
  Summer.  
I always have and I always will.  I just wish I could slow it down.

Hanging out by the pool, going barefoot, sleeping in, long bike rides, no routines, spontaneity, gardening and our annual family vacation.  Its all been fun and I hate to see it come to an end.  

This year, I decided to take a summer vacation from making jewelry and I have to say... it was wonderful!  I wanted to make sure the kids had a great time, as well as my full attention.  I've loved every minute of it.  Now that it's coming to an end, I have to admit that I am really excited to get back to having some creative time.  

One thing I did manage to do was get my studio painted.  When my son talked me into switching rooms, I inherited his slate grey walls.  It always felt so dark when I was working, so I was delighted when our painter came over and sprayed it white from top to bottom.

Here it is 'before'...

 And this is 'after'...

I'm in love with the white walls and my lovely chandeliers.  It still wows me to walk in and turn the lights on.  What a difference! 
I have some cool finishing touches to do, but wanted to wait until I had some time alone to concentrate so I didn't mess up my pristine walls.  


I'm getting a little excited.  

The kids start back to school

 in
2 days. 

This is where you will find me.
Hanging out with my mannequins and creating jewelry.  


My beads have been waiting patiently for me.


 I'm seeing some great fall colors on this platter, along
 with some fun new designs.



I can hardly wait to get back to soldering...


and have cases of vintage jewelry waiting to be repurposed.


 I've found a lot of new vintage crystals to play with...


So...
do me a favor and wake me when it's Monday!  


Patti xo


No comments:

Post a Comment