Friday, August 23, 2013

Getting Show Ready




I just got the boost I needed.  A sort of kick in the seat of my pants, if you will.  I'm the kind of person that has to have everything perfect before I can go into my studio to create.  Yes, we all know how that's working for me.  It seems like all I do is clean my house, put things back in their place and organize with hopes of having more time to do the things I want.  Well, as we all know, it's a merry~go~round and I'm jumping off.  Goodbye OCD...I have a show coming up!  

My friend Sharon Carlson, who is one of the owners of One Hundred Chairs sent me a message asking  if I might be interested in participating in upcoming show called the Vintage Marketplace at Rusing Square in Prescott.  After thinking about it for 2 minutes...I accepted.  It's been a while for me, but lately I've been feeling a little tingling sensation to get back into the show scene.   I shopped at this show last year and loved it.  I love the atmosphere and know many of the vendors.  
I am honored that I was asked to be included (thanks Sharon!)



Note ~ I believe the show is actually Saturday, October 12th not the 13th.  I will let you know as soon as I find out.  

So yesterday, I dug out jewelry from every nook and cranny and started tagging, photographing and listing it on Etsy.  
I figured while I was getting 'show ready' I would kill two birds with one stone and get some items listed in my shop.  
I've started my list of the things I need and am mentally designing my booth.  I'd love a ruffled tablecloth (do I have time to make one?) and of course, everything will be vintage and mostly white (I know… you're surprised).  Dress forms, silver trays, cool vintage stands, fun bowls full of eye candy and the lace garland I made.  Oooh, I can hardly wait to set it up.  

As soon as I get all of this listed, I will start working on creating some new items.
The problem is...I always make what I love.  Sometimes I love it so much that I have to have it.  So, I need to make another one to sell.  
See what I'm getting at?  

Oh, there's more...much, much more...



I have my work cut out for me, but it's fun and I have a little over 7 weeks to prepare which is awesome!  
I am so thankful that Sharon gave me enough time to get ready so that I'm not saying this...




Put the date on your calendar because 
you won't want to miss this awesome event.  
You won't be sorry...I promise!
Smooches!
Patti xo




No comments:

Post a Comment