Thursday, May 30, 2013

Creative Summer Fun

It's 
summer vacation 
which usually means that my creativity is on hold until the boys go back to school.  We've been spending a lot of time at the pool and suddenly it hit me.  I can take some beads to the pool and wire wrap them while I'm relaxing in the sun.  So, that's exactly what I did.  I'm getting a lot done and everyone is happy!

I had a beautiful strand of pearls that I picked up at the gem show that were calling my name.  I took them, along with a vintage strand that my friend had given me and mixed the two together. I used a vintage brooch that I had already soldered to finish the piece.

I love the way it turned out.

I made another one using a religious medal and vintage heart I found at the flea market.  For some reason, my brain always goes for asymmetrical. 
  On one side I used big white baroque freshwater pearls and on the other the gold pearl mixed with the vintage white bead again. 


 
So when the kids ask to go to the pool, 
I gladly grab some beads and we are off.

I hope you are enjoying your summer as much as I am!



 Patti xo

No comments:

Post a Comment