Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bead Soup Reveal 2013

Better late than never?  

Well...Bead Soup Reveal 2013 has come and gone without me due to circumstances beyond my control.  I signed up for the Bead Soup Blog party and decided to do my bead shopping at the Tucson Gem show.  The weekend I returned, I found out my parents had a huge hole in their furnace and both were extremely ill from carbon monoxide poisoning.  From that day until now my days have been filled with getting my parents here so we could nurse them to health, move them into an assisted living which meant we had to transport their belongings and sell the car, house, etc.  They stayed in my home for 6 weeks until we had their place furnished and the day before they were suppose to move in my mother fell down a flight of steps and broke her foot.  My parents are in their 80's and my father has Alzheimer's.  My mother has dementia and she was the primary caregiver which meant that I had to take over.  So.....that is my story on why I am late in making something from my beautiful partner, Sharon Palac who is as sweet as she can be.  I want to apologize to her for not having my necklace made on time.  Thank you for being so understanding.  I hope we can meet for lunch sometime soon.  You see, Lori paired us up not knowing that Sharon and I live in the same town.  She is a very talented jewelry designer and I was so lucky to have her as a partner.  

Here are the amazing beads Sharon sent to me.  



Aren't they beautiful?  

Sharon made the polymer clay focal and the copper toggle clasp.  She mixed the soup with a variety of beads which included vintage glass beads, vintage crystals with beadcaps, citrine briolettes, and red creek jasper stones.  She also included this beautiful sari silk ribbon which made for a  tasty soup!


Today was the first day I got to play with my beads and I finally came up with a design that was a reflection of my style.  

It felt really good to create again and I love the way it turned out.  


I also wanted to thank Lori Anderson who hosted this fun party!  


Patti xo


28 comments:

  1. Oh Patti, that is one gorgeous necklace, and I love the hammered copper spiral link, just a perfect touch! You are so very talented.

    Thank you so much for being my partner and you certainly don't have to apologize to me.
    I understand about elderly parents, and it's abundantly evident that you are a beautiful gift to your parents.

    I look forward to meeting you at long last and yes, let's do lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so gracious Sharon. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. A fabulous necklace! It's a real beauty. What a horrendous time you've had of it. I hope things are calming down now and that you can get in some therapeutic beading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire! Yes...creating is so therapeutic. I can't wait to get back to it.

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful necklace' great design details. So very sorry to hear about your parents, my mother has dementia and I'm sorting her home for sale and I know how truly heartbreaking this is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. All we can do is give them lots of love. Good luck to you with your mother.

      Delete
  4. I am *so* sorry about your parents. :'(

    However, I love your bead soup and your creation from it! Soooooo beautiful!

    <3,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning necklace, I love it and the copper spiral fits perfectly with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The waiting has been worth it, Patti :0) It's a beautiful necklace! Love the pastel colours and the way your arranged the components! And the copper spirals fits really so well! Very charming soup cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sure was worth waiting :-D I love the vintage feel in your necklace, the color of the sari silk is perrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your style! Classy and creative! Really Soup-er!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Terri! I had fun making it.

      Delete
  9. Late is definitely better than never :-). I love the necklace you created. The colours are beautiful and the asymmetric design is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adlinah. Not everyone likes the asymmetrical design but I do. Thank you for the compliments!

      Delete
  10. Patti your necklace is beautiful. The green silk makes the green in the focal really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Gorgeous piece! Great colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patti, the necklace is lovely!! Worth waiting for! Best of luck with your parents ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry to hear about your parents - one word that worked for me when I had my Dad in a home near me was - Breathe!
    I love your necklace - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Christine. That's a good word to remember. Thank you for the compliment on my necklace!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry. I'm really late...

    Wonderful necklace, Patti. I love the color combination and also the design. Really great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry to hear about all the issues with your parents. I do hope they are doing better now. What a relief that you discovered the problem in time though.

    As far as your design, it's really beautiful. It has a softness about it that is simply romantic. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete