Monday, February 11, 2013

Tucson Gem and Mineral Show

 It must be what heaven is like...truly.  Gem show heaven.

I just returned from another fun filled four days with some great friends at the Tucson Bead and Mineral Show.  It was fantastic.  

 I am still digging through my bags and doing another 'Ooohhh and aaahhh' at what I purchased.  

Pearls, crystals, druzy's, chains, findings, ribbons, clasps and other cool things.  





I did manage to make a few things last night even though I was dead tired from power shopping, staying up late with the girls and driving home.  I just couldn't stand it and stayed up past midnight making these druzy necklaces.  I'm really loving druzy's and hear they are going to be big this year.


 I have wanted a large keishi pearl necklace for so long and finally bought myself a strand.  I made my necklace this morning and think it will be perfect for layering with my other necklaces.  
I also treated myself to a cute finished piece with wire wrapped pearls and a vintage rhinestone heart.  It's darling and so me.  I love to buy pieces from other artists and didn't realize until after I got home that we were friends on Facebook.   


I purchases a few more in other color to create some necklaces for my Etsy shop.
I've always called these the 'corn flake' pearls.


Needless to say, I will be busy and happy for another year.  

We woke up to snow this morning, so it's a good day to stay inside and create!  


Have a warm and wonderful day!!

Patti xo




2 comments: