Friday, January 11, 2013

Vintage Assemblage Salt Shaker Necklace

I had good intentions when I went into my studio to straighten up today.  I opened a drawer to put something away, saw my vintage salt and pepper shakers and decided it was time to do something with them.  Needless to say, I didn't get too far with the tidying department.  

Here is what I created with the first one.
I love the way it turned out, and a few hours after listing it in my Etsy shop it sold to one of my lovely Facebook friends!  She shared the most beautiful story with me about why it spoke to her.  I am so pleased that she is going to enjoy this necklace that has a special meaning to her. 




I found these 1940 vintage shaker's at the flea market a while back and decided to glue some vintage earrings on the top.  I think it would be a perfect place to store vintage buttons or other fun treasures.


I played around with a few others...with a little wire and beads.


...and made more necklaces.


 I think they would be perfect for a vintage lover 
or even someone who loves to cook.  There are more necklaces in the works and they should all be in my Etsy shop sometime tomorrow.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Patti xo

2 comments:

  1. I love these and have to share that I had these exact salt shakers that I also turned into necklaces! They did so well that I am always on the hunt for more of these little gems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that funny! I think our jewelry is very similar. I have passed up so many of these salt shakers, but will be picking them up now myself. Thanks for the note Lee.

    ReplyDelete