Monday, January 28, 2013

I always love a good party!




I just signed up for an awesome party... and it involves beads!  Imagine that!! 

The "7th Annual Bead Soup Blog Party"
 hosted by Lori Anderson is taking shape and I was able to join in the nick of time.

I'm really excited, and also a tad nervous about what beads I will be receiving.  As many of you know, I'm very picky about my style in everything that I do.  Just ask my husband whose expensive Western Art resides in his shed and office.  This might sound awful to some of you, but not one thing comes into my home that I don't love.  So, this will be an exciting challenge for me because it will force me to 'think outside the box' and create something from the beads someone ELSE has picked out for me.  If you know me. personally... you are probably laughing a bit right now.  

Here is how it works:
There were 500 of us that signed up (wow!).  Once we are paired with a partner, we will send each other a focal, a special clasp and some coordinating beads.   When we receive our bead soup, we will post a photo of what we received and then start creating.  We are allowed to incorporate some of our own beads, but we must use the focal bead and the clasp that was sent to us.  

Upon the reveal date, we will post a photo of our finished piece. We then start blog hopping to see everyone else's creations.  

Sounds like fun doesn't it?!

I am going to the bead show in Tucson in 10 days and will be shopping for my bead soup.  What a great place to find something wonderful to send my partner!

The creator and host of the party is Lori Anderson.  She is a jewelry designer, a mixed media artist and author of "Bead Soup".  You can find out more about her, her shops, her book and her wonderful idea on her blog:

Wish me luck! A little wine for inspiration and I'm sure to get this party started!
I hope you'll join me in The Big Reveal!




Patti xo





2 comments:

  1. Patti, my "first time" was last year after watching everything happen on the sidelines the year before. I will never miss another one, it was sooo much fun and can be a real challenge. The focal bead I received was very far from my style but I decided to embrace it and make it mine! I love your romantic style, your partner will be a lucky girl...have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely comment Tealwater! I cannot wait to see what I get. I'm sure I can make it into something that makes it 'my style'. It's kind of like going shopping and having someone pick out something that you would've never picked, but you love it. So glad to hear that it was fun!

    ReplyDelete