Saturday, October 20, 2012

Studio Shots

Greetings from my Studio!

I've been doing a little decorating lately and thought I'd show you around my studio where I create, or sometimes just sit and take a moment for myself.  

The walls are currently a dark grey (I inherited my son's old room color), but soon to be painted a French Linen which will brighten it up, so I can see what I am doing a little better.  I will also be painting the dresser and getting some new curtains.  I'm the kind of person who picks things up here and there, at garage sales, second hand stores and flea markets, so you never know what you are going to see in my home.




I found this terrarium at Goodwill.  I removed the front glass and put a curtain rod through it so I could hang some of my strands of beads.  


A little corner with a few vintage things that I love to look at.




My mannequin.  She loves her jewelry 
and changes her look quite often...I think she's been hanging around me too long! lol



A basket of fabric, lace and ribbons that I use in some of my designs.  



I found this crusty old window frame at The Marketplace last weekend.  I haven't quite figured out what I am going to do with it yet, but at the moment it is displaying my mother's wedding dress that she passed down to me.  I'm thinking of making it into a chalkboard, so I can keep track of upcoming events.





 I found this little hand made dress in the Halloween section of Goodwill last week.  It just had a sweet look about it.  I'm so glad I rescued it from that frightful night.  




My mannequin's new belt...she couldn't live without...



Not everyone is fond of my doll heads, but I've always loved them.  I guess they can either be quirky or creepy.  I've noticed a trend with them lately and I happen to love the look.  
(go fast by them if they scare you...)



My desk.
I have a giant bowl of birdseed outside my window and I love to see the birds flitting around from here. I also have a lovely chandelier outside in the tree as well.
There's nothing better than a cup of coffee in this spot.  It always tastes so delicious here.





I love finding unique glass and crystal bowls to fill up...


with old pearls and bling.


and creating little vignette's...


with some of my favorite things.



Now that I have my studio somewhat in order, 
I am going to get busy for the upcoming season.  I have a couple of stores waiting on some jewelry, 
a boutique show for two weekends in November and an invite to do a trunk show.  I'm even planning on my Holiday Open House again this year.  Whew!

I can't wait to show you some of my new designs that are waiting for their finishing touches.  There's no stopping me until after Christmas!
If you need me, you know where you can find me.

Also, please 'like' my Facebook page to see the latest designs!
https://www.facebook.com/Threebeadsandastring

Muah!

Patti xo

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Patti! Wow, I am swooning over your space! You should submit this post to "Where Women Create" next week. I think share day is either Wednesday or Thursday. Seriously ~ do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. That's a great idea! I usually post my Etsy shop there on Thursdays, but think I will take your advice and post my blog this time. I could use some more followers. I'm so happy you love my space...it's forever changing but this is what it looks like for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sweet studio! I can just picture you there at your desk creating all sorts of magic. I too, have favorite bits and bobs in crystal dishes to inspire and bring me joy visually. I agree with Linda, that you need to promote your blog. Just wonderful! xxoo

    ReplyDelete