Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Giving from the Heart

I enjoy giving to fundraisers and have been donating my jewelry to several charities annually such as The Boys and Girls Club, People Who Care and Big Brothers, Big Sisters.  There are also several local schools that always ask me for something for their fundraisers and raffles, such as the basketball team and fashion shows.  

Big Brothers, Big Sisters is having their Annual Grand Gala and Live Auction on November 10, 2010 at the Prescott Resort.  It's a grand affair and always a classy event.  My friend, Tracy Homer, who owns The French Hen is on the committee and asked me if I would like to make a donation.   Of course, I was delighted. 

This is the piece that I created which will be in the silent auction and go to the highest bidder.  I hope it's well received and brings in a wonderful donation.




Generosity 
is a guiding principle for many registered charities, foundations and non-profit organizations.  It can involve offering time, assets or talents to aid someone in need.  Often equated with charity as a virtue, generosity is widely accepted in society as a desirable trait.

I was brought up in a generous home, a trait that I observed from my father who would buy the kids across the street bicycles because they didn't have them.    

I have learned it always comes back to you three fold when you give from the heart and expect nothing in return.     

Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~ Frank Howard Clark






No comments:

Post a Comment