Sunday, April 29, 2012

Shades of White

One thing that never goes out of style is elegance. Pure and simple.  

To me, white and various shades of it, like creams and ivories, are simple, pure and elegant. 



I love 

wearing shades of white in the summer. Beautiful linen jackets, dresses, skirts and shirts in any shade of white is what I find myself shopping for when I'm looking for new items to update my summer wardrobe.

 In my opinion, the only thing you need to compliment a white outfit is a tan, some beautiful jewelry and a darling pair shoes.

I find when I'm creating jewelry, I am always drawn to use or include white pearls because of their freshness.  They 
always feel so clean, orderly and resonate feeling of innocence and a pure heart.

Just like all the other gemstones, 

pearls carry a meaning. 

Historically, the glowing white orbs have been associated with the moon. With the high luster and deep color of pearls, it is no wonder why these natural gemstones have been held in such high regard for thousands of years. Eastern cultures believe that pearls symbolize purity and spiritual transformation. Simply wearing a pearl reminds the wearer to be honest, pure, wise, and to walk with the utmost dignity. Different colors of pearls bear different meanings. As expected, white pearls symbolize purity, innocence, faith, and honesty.  


Pearls always make me feel 
ultra feminine
They lift my spirits and make me feel 
calm, beautiful...


and remind me that I'm a lady.

I enjoy creating designs that compliment any shade of white.





 Some of my favorites are necklaces made with vintage rhinestone brooches, multi strands of pearls or long feminine strands with crystals.  



  fun, feminine bracelets


and simple earrings.
I tend to go monochromatic when I wear shades of white but if you prefer a splash of color, i'd go with something bright such as Tangerine which is the color of the year.
Can you say HOT?




Along with my fashion and jewelry making, 

I have also gone full circle in decorating with various shades of white in my home.  It just feels so clean, fresh, and airy.  The key to using white successfully in your interior design scheme, is to add interest in ways other than color. The overall effect you can get will depend very much upon the styles of furniture, fabrics, furnishings, floorings and accessories.  You can also totally change the look by adding a delicate touch of color. 


Totally chic.
vintage french serpentine settee ~ by beekeeper's cottage

I seem to be drawn to ANYTHING and EVERYTHING  

white....

photo credit:jenneliserose.blogspot

delicious pearls, 


photo credit; thefancyfarmgirl.com
beautiful old lace,

photo credit; villabarnes.blogspot.com
angels,



 flowers ~ with hydrangea's, peonies and iceberg climbing roses being my favorite


photo credit: everlytrue.tumblr.com
chandeliers,

linen, sheets, candles, throws, alabaster, paper, seashells, whitewash...



Photo credit: Gianluca Carnicella
and even snow. 
(as long as I'm sitting by the fireside sipping a warm beverage).

For me, white symbolizes purity, calmness and makes me feel tranquil and 
creative.  There's a simplicity to it, too.  
~
Throughout the western countries white is the traditional color worn by brides, 
to signify purity, innocence, and virginity.  



In eastern countries, the color white is the color of mourning and funerals. In certain cultures, white is the color of royalty or reilgious figures, as angels are typically depicted as wearing white or having a white glow.  A white picket fence surrounds a safe and happy home.  
~
Summer is a wonderful time to enjoy your garden with special friends, sipping 
sangria or tea surrounded by nature.  


photo uploaded by user, unknown

Doesn't this feel calm and inviting ?

I'd love to hear your thoughts about your favorite color for summer, and how it makes you feel. 

If you are looking for something new to add to your summer wardrobe, you can find some unique and interesting pieces in my Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/threebeadsandastring

You can also keep up with my latest designs by 'liking' me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Threebeadsandastring?ref=ts   

and as always...
 feel free to share my blog, Etsy shop and Facebook page with your friends.  I'd love to build up my followers.  

Much love for a summer filled with YOUR favorite colors!  


                 
XOXOXO ~ Patti














1 comment:

  1. Dearest Patti..what a lovely post that spoke directly to my heart! You know how much I adore anything white, and this post was such a reflection on you and your style.
    Congratulations on being featured, once more, in another publication! Can't say I am surprised, your work is exemplary, and deserves to be recognized. sending much love...

    ReplyDelete