Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Time to Bloom

Thank goodness for Art.  

My passion for art started at an early age. I was 8 years old when I started weaving pot holders and selling them door to door in our neighborhood.  Of course, who could resist a little girl with a big smile selling colorful homemade goodies for the kitchen?  Those were the best days ever, and since then I've explored just about any type of art you can imagine.  You name it, I've tried it.  I am so thankful for my sweet mother, who always made sure I had the supplies I needed to feed my ever changing passions in the art world, as my mind was always looking for something new to create.  I am grateful for my creative journey so far, but I am ready for it to soar to a new level.  I often find myself getting caught up in the everyday hustle and bustle of life, and I don't spend as much time as I'd like to on things I am passionate about.  So today, I am documenting it and making it a goal, to commit to making my dream come true.  I am so full of inspiration and am ready for the next phase of my artistic journey, and bringing my ideas to life.  Together with my husband and two boys, I feel extremely fortunate to be able to be a stay~at~home mom, but I also need a creative outlet.  Jewelry interested me and I began collecting beads and scouring books for how~to guides.  I fell in love with making jewelry ~ it has endless possibilities and the finished product is always unique.  I am ready for a more artful life, making a space of my own which will in turn bring me more joy... just like the days when I created those colorful potholders.  Life is oh so sweet in my studio, surrounded by sparkling beads where my creative juices flow.  Let the journey begin...

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on taking the leap! It is important to take time out to be creative. I think with flying lessons you will really soar!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen. Its funny how things come into your life at the perfect time. I'm ready to soar and am feeling the energy big time! Thanks for following my blog and for being my first follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over from Flying Lessons. Your blog and website both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you wrote. It's pretty much what I have been thinking about myself (except the jewelry making part). I just started a blog too but, only the name and such are up. Staking my claim before another lynda m Metcalf steals it away. Not one word has been written yet. If, when I do post, our purpose seems similar, it's only because we seem to be on the same wavelength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lynda. Well, I'm your first follower on your blog. I think I'll have to be a midnight writer. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day to fit everything in right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patti!

    love the new blog. Congratulation on your piece being selected! How great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the new blog, FB page, your website, and your jewelry sale. I'll add me as a follower, too. I'm one of your fellow AZ flyers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patti. thank you so much for joining my blog's facebook page. I see that you are new to blogland so a warm welcome and looking forward to sharing and you joining in.Blogging has given me such an enormous boost in all departments and the folks are so encouraging and supportive. please join in the blogparties to link your posts! It helps to meet other bloggers and is a load of fun. Please let me know via facebbok and I will give you details. Congrats on your blog!

    Veronica
    www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am like u with many creative interests.. I attend a real brave girls camp in Oct 2010 and came home with so much love and motiviation.. u can do anything.. just believe in you and your talents.. don't compare that always just kills creativity.. and be proud of all you do... love ppl, be genuine.. and you life will be full. xo hugs

    ReplyDelete